BECOMING A LEARNER
Are you or someone you know thinking about becoming a learner? With about 250 learners served each year, Peninsula READS is excited about helping you reach your literacy goals. Here are a few things to note about becoming a Peninsula READS learner.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for services
- Contact the Peninsula READS staff to schedule your initial assessment by calling 757-283-5776
- Be prepared with the assessment fee at the initial assessment
- During the initial assessment, you will be asked about your reasons for wanting to improve your literacy skills. So give these some thought before your appointment.
- After your initial assessment, you may be scheduled to spend time working with a computer lab assistant on the educational programs in our computer labs while waiting to be matched with a volunteer tutor.
- In order to achieve your stated goals, you will be expected to commit to meeting with your tutor on a regular basis
For more information on what you can expect and what will be expected of you as a Peninsula READS learner, please review our Peninsula READS Learner FAQ.